It is no secret that physical fitness and regularity in exercise can have a great impact on your overall health and wellness, but take a closer look at some of the hidden benefits City Surf can have on your life.
During City Surf Class:
- Your lunges are get stronger: When you do cardio, your brain sends signals to them to help you breathe faster and deeper, delivering extra oxygen to your muscles.
- Your motivation is at its peak. Thanks to a flood of endorphins, which trigger the classic runner's high, you feel psyched and energized.
- You're fighting flab. During typical cardio exercise, your body taps mainly fat for fuel.
Within one hour of a City Surf class:
- You're protecting yourself against colds, flu, you name it. Exercise elevates your level of immunoglobulins, which are proteins that help bolster your immune system and ward off infection. "Every sweat session you do can help strengthen your immune function for about 24 hours," says Cedric Bryant, PhD, chief science officer for the American Council on Exercise.
- You're feeling zen. Mood-enhancing chemicals, like serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, flood your brain for a couple of hours post-exercise.
- You're blasting calories, even at rest. For every 100 calories you burn during your workout, you can expect to burn 15 calories after.
Long Term City Surf Benefits:
- You're adding lean muscle. If you did a strength-training routine, your muscles are now starting to rebuild themselves and repair the microscopic tears that come with lifting weights, says Paul Gordon, PhD, director of the Laboratory for Physical Activity at the University of Michigan School of Medicine in Ann Arbor. Preliminary research shows that women respond to and recover from resistance training faster than men.
- Your heart is healthier. One sweat session lowers your blood pressure for up to 16 hours.
- You're a quick study. You're super alert and focused post-exercise. That's because a good workout increases the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain, says Henriette van Praag, PhD, a researcher at the Laboratory of Neurosciences at the National Institute on Aging in Baltimore.
- You're slimmer. Cutting 500 calories a day through exercise and diet will help you drop one pound a week.
- You're blasting belly fat. After four weeks of regular workouts, your body is ditching flab and gaining muscle. Overweight people who took part in a four-week program of moderate aerobic exercise in an Australian study reduced ab fat by 12 percent.
- Your heart rate is lower. Thanks to regular workouts, your heart is pumping more efficiently. For instance, if your initial resting heart rate was 80 beats a minute, it will have dropped to 70 or lower. The less work your heart has to do, the healthier you'll be.
- You're a fat-melting machine. Your cells are now superefficient at breaking down fat and using it as fuel. That means you're zapping more flab 24-7.
- You've cut your cancer risk. In a study of more than 14,800 women, those who had the highest levels of aerobic fitness were 55 percent less likely to die from breast cancer than those who were sedentary. Women considered moderately fit had about a 33 percent lower risk of developing the disease. Exercise may also help protect against endometrial, lung, and ovarian cancer, researchers say.
- You're adding years to your life.Fitness buffs have better telomeres, the DNA that bookends our chromosomes and protects them from damage, which can slow the aging process, studies show.
- You feel fantastic. Just four months of exercise is as good as prescription meds at boosting mood and reducing depression, according to a study at Duke University. Keep it up and not only will your life be longer, it will be happier, too!
Ready to celebrate life's break with City Surf and find out for yourself first hand how City Surf can help you? Sign up today and get $15 off your next purchase by using promo code: DIVEIN at checkout.